I keep getting “ant-bite” electric shocks when I use my Mac portable! I think it is faulty! Should I send it in for servicing?

Check that you are using the long wire power connector to your Power adaptor, and not the “duck head” connector. The duck head is fine for transporting around, but it does not provide for a grounding pin (look carefully, the round key pin on the power adaptor is metal, but there is no metal connector on the duck head plug). The long wire does provide for grounding, which will eliminate the “ant bites” you feel

Advertisements

About this entry