My iPod is FROZEN! How?
If you see your beloved iPod frozen/hung but not dead, do not worry, no fret! Read on to find out how you can save it! Before you determine that your iPod is frozen/hung, check that you are not trying to switch on your iPod when the keylock is on!
- Move the slider (for 1st generation Shuffle) or button-slider (for 2nd generation Shuffle) to the switch off mode.
- Let it rest for five seconds before you continue.
- Try to switch it on again and see if it is revived.
- Press and hold on to the Sleep button along with the Home button at the same time for ten seconds until you see the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
iPod (Inclusive of Nano, Classic, 5th Gen iPod, Mini, Photo)
- Move the slider for the “Hold”/”Keylock” switch to ON and then OFF it again.
- Press and hold on to the Menu and Center button at the same time for eight seconds until you see the Apple Logo appears on the screen.