How to convert .ape & .cue to .mp3 in Mac OS X?
There are a few apps you can use but my favorite is xAct, a freeware.
Split the .ape file into individual audio tracks in .aiff format
- Launch xACT, and go to the “shntool” tab.
- Drag and drop your .ape file into the drop box (or click on the “add” button.)
- Click the “split” and the “aiff” bullets.
- Cick on the “Call Shntool” button, and when prompted, select your .cue file.
Sit back and relax; it’s a long process. The single .ape audio file will be splited into individual tracks in .aiff format.
Convert .aiff audio file to .mp3 format
- Launch iTunes and import the newly created .aiff files.
- Select the .aiff files and click on “Convert Selection to MP3*” from the “Advanced” menu.
You may delete the .aiff files after conversion.
* By default, iTunes converts songs you imported to .aac format. You can to change it to .mp3 format via iTunes’ Preferences setting.